Monday, February 19, 2007

War of Words

The pen held upright
like a sword.
Both;
Ready to fight
for all he was worth.

“We’re neck deep in trouble,”
wrote He.
“We can’t stop now,”
wrote his double,
and took out his paper.

“Ready?”
wrote He.
“Go!”
wrote his double
and they bent over.

Two humps
scribbled
all the insults that they could think of
in ten minutes.
Scratch, scratch.

“Ring! Ring!”
screamed the alarm.
Both humps got up.
“Mine are better!”
wrote He right away.

“No! Mine are!”
penned the other angrily.
They decided
Logically
to call their mother.

Poor fools were punished
right away.
Mother led them away
By their ears,
red and stinging now.
Two brothers
fought each other.
None could speak now:
They had lost their pens and papers
and both were dumb.

4 comments:

gracie said...

very smart and love the meanings hidden here! Thanks for linking to wild grace :)

Inconsequential said...

Lol, that was fun :)

Candy said...

I just found you and I love your poetry! I've read through a few and I will be back to read more. I've written some poetry but I mostly keep it to myself. I worked out quite a few demons through putting words on paper. I love your title. And YES! I do believe in miracles! I am one!!

Kai said...

i luv it!
hugs