Sunday, April 01, 2007

She's Gone Upstairs

"She's gone upstairs,"
they tell me.
"She's just gone upstairs."

I look at them like they are crazy.
How long can she be upstairs?
How can a Mommy leave her Child?
I thought that we had a bondage, a special thing.
Mommy and Daughterl,
and little Baby with Daddy.
But she's not coming down.
Oh, when will she come?
I want her so much,
My heart is aching beneath these white sheets.
I'm sick and tired of doctors and nurses!
Why, my mama, would never wear anything that ugly!
What's taking her so long?
These wires sticking out of my neck are annoying.
Not until I see Mom will I stop complaining.
Yes, I know I'm a brat,
but Mommy never thought so.
When will she come back?
Tell her to hurry!
I want to tell her about that crazy driver
who smashed into our car!
And where is Daddy?
And little Baby?
Tell me! Tell me!
I know that you're lying!
What is she doing upstairs?
Why doesn't she just use the elevator?
It's very fast, you know.
Oh, where is my Mommy?

"She's gone upstairs."

Oh!
She's...gone...
SHE'S GONE?!

"Upstairs."

10 comments:

Drizel said...

aaaaoooooo, no that is some sad thinsg right there.
Hope your good missy?
have a good week:)

Inconsequential said...

A follow up piece?
a sequel for Tragedy (for Rahah)
?


cool stuff anyhow.

good piece.

aria said...

Gosh this is heart-wrenching ..

a.Kai said...

a sad gaping void so deep, heartbreaking

Kai said...

wow, this is strongly moving..
& sad

♥hugs

Drizel said...

hope your ok missy:)

miss magic said...

etain_lavena: yeah. thanks. I'm fine. stupid internet decided to take a vacation. :)
inconsequential: glad you figured that out. I was wndering if someone would.
aria & a.kai & kai: thanks. :D

Inconsequential said...

accident
hospital

funeral next?

Inconsequential said...

the unwritten rule of three :)

Candy said...

very sad and very moving. really quite amazing to be innocently reading along and captured by this.