Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fried Egg

'Mommy,
if you break that egg,
will a chick come out?'

No dear.
There's no chicken inside.

'Then why do
they always show that
on National Geographic?'

Because, dear,
those are special eggs.

'Am I a special egg,
Mommy?
And what's a special egg?'


It's an egg
that was treated well
when it was young.
You are my very special egg.

'How do you know
that there is no chick inside,
really?'

They know because
they have machines to check.

'What if the machine
is wrong and a chick
is boiled to death?'

If a chick comes out,
I'll turn of the stove
and you can keep it.

'I don't want to eat
breakfast anymore.
And you don't eat it either!
Bye, Mommy!'

Bye dear. Drink some milk first.

6 comments:

Drizel said...

agggg how sweet:)....
and how kewl is that little butterfly flying around....my word so kewl:)

Kai said...

awwwww
simply sweet!

miss magic said...

etain-yeah. that butterfly thingy can be attained by asking kai. I think it was softwarewings.com (I think so). whatever. ask kai.
I absolutely love pronouncing cool in a girly girl accent, so that it become kewl. hehe. weird habit.
kai: thanks. :) it's funny how kids sometimes portray the truth in simple questions.

Inconsequential said...

The machines miss the chicks sometimes.

I found one.

They smell, and are not yellow and fluffy.

and you have to throw away the omelette you were making...

miss magic said...

really?? oh! that's so sad! for the chick, I mean. did it die?

a.Kai said...

innocence and purity - lovely poem, reminds me of my very inquisitive little ones!